Thursday, October 14, 2010

Life with a toddler. In an apartment.

Is very much like living in a clown car. Being crammed into 1,000 square feet, we are short about 5 rooms that we desperately need . M needs a man cave. (Lord PLEASE send us a man cave for all of this video game equipment!) W needs an official playroom so I'm not tripping over toys in the kitchen/bedroom/bathroom every 10 seconds. We need a guest room. Or we just need to stop inviting people to stay the weekend, but I love love love having company, so...no. We need privacy. As soon as W fell asleep for nap, our next door neighbor took out tools and apparently redecorated her walls. The maintenance guy then took his cue and banged on the door a few times before barging in to complete the "preventative maintenance". I didn't even have time to get downstairs to the door before he was in and on his way up the stairs!

If we are going to Arkansas for a better job for M, cool. If we're staying here, even better! Either way, I just need to know where we are going to be. I'm not a gypsy. I am done with being in limbo. I feel like I've been living in a waiting room for 2 years. We are paying $1,100 a month in rent for what we could be putting toward a mortgage on a home twice this size! Such a waste.

I need roots. I need to get my stuff out of storage. I want to set up a home, sit down, take it all in, and exhale.

No comments:

Post a Comment