Monday, April 26, 2010

Daddy dear

So, as if I'm not obvious enough about the love I have for the first man in my life :) I was reminded of it tenfold today. My Dad spent the morning having a (long overdue and much needed) double knee replacement. Yes that's right - 2. at. once. *faint* Mom spent the morning alternating between sitting in a crowded waiting room and walking the halls of Presby. I spent the morning requesting extra hugs from W and wishing M was home to get my mind off the fact that somebody was cutting into my Daddy. It's a very helpless feeling that I wouldn't wish on anyone!

After 3 hours of surgery and 5+ hours in recovery, Dad was moved to ICU as an 'in between' place/observation area before moving to a regular room (hopefully tomorrow!). We finally got to see him today at 4ish and he looked amazingly well! The pictures I had in my head were way scarier, but it's still very unnerving to see a parent in a hospital bed. The doctor and nurses assure us he is doing great, but I'm still a little edgy...bleh. I will likely call a million times to check on him tonight!

Any prayers/positive vibes/happy thoughts sent his way would be greatly appreciated by all of us :) We miss our play dates and normal routine, but the fam is on deck and on call for the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to Daddy coming home!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your Dad is doing better! I must have skipped right over this post...sorry. HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete