Thursday, March 18, 2010

Champagne wishes and Benadryl dreams...

Occasionally, when my “holy crap I miss working“ (read - “holy crap I miss adult conversation and paychecks with my name on them”) rash flares up, I browse the lonely interweb in search of that one glorious, perfect PR job that could lure me away from my current glorious, perfect gig as a full-time stay-at-home Mom. Said tempting job would offer ridiculously flexible hours, on-site free child care, copious amounts of paid vacation time, a generous profit sharing package, full medical benefits for anyone I feel like signing up, and a salary as large as Shrek. Yes I just referenced a cartoon(ish) ogre - I’m mature like that. Ooh - I would also like a pony. A color changing one. And the freedom to wear whatever I feel like to our indoor/outdoor workspace.

The job doesn’t exist. But a girl can dream…

But back here in reality, I had a doctor’s appointment today and (booooo) I have strep throat but (yaaaay!) I’ve lost 10 lbs in 6 weeks. Fab. U. Lous. A drop in the bucket of baby weight loss, but I’ll take what I can get ;)

P.S. - Benadryl yields the creepiest dreams. Last night I was an Amish mother of 2 who took my kids into the woods to play dress up in glittery pink and purple clothes. We kept these Abba-esque get-ups in a cedar chest buried in a pile of leaves. There was dancing. And tiaras. And judgmental elders who found us out. I think I may need a break...

1 comment:

  1. Grace, you crack me up! So funny that I had to read this to my husband. He doesn't know you but he thinks you are funny too! Get well soon my friend :)

    ReplyDelete