Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sweet little 9 month old

9 months ago this very evening, M and I (and a host of family and friends) welcomed one baby W into the world. 9 months ago this evening, my entire world changed. I suddenly went from a flighty and frivolous newlywed girl to a woman (okay, okay - still totally just a girl) completely filled with purpose and overflowing with love for a person who had just entered the room. Astounding.I will never forget the first time I saw that face.

My main objective since June 25th has been to make this tiny creature feel as happy and loved and joyful as is humanly possible. I like to think I have succeeded thus far :) W spent his 9 month birthday playing at home with Mommy and:
*trying apple/cinnamon puffs (big hit!)
*trying diced carrots and peas (not such a big hit - he looks at me like I'm insane if I try to feed him anything other than Gerber purees)
*traveling around the living room up on his tippy toes and hands with his butt up in the air like a monkey
*playing piano
*telling me stories about Daddy (da da da da dada dada ooooooh)
*playing outside enjoying the gorgeous weather

It's been a great day!

P.S. - You know you're a baby Mom when you max out the photo storage of your cell phone. That's right - 1500 pictures...90% of which are of W.
Happy 9 month birthday little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment